Have you experienced worsening health issues following a visit to a medical facility, or has a family member suffered due to a misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis? Are you struggling to get clear answers about the adverse outcomes of your medical treatment? If these concerns resonate with you, seeking guidance from a leading Liberty medical malpractice attorney is crucial.
You may be eligible to file a medical malpractice claim if you’ve faced challenges due to substandard medical treatment. Patients who endure harm due to insufficient or negligent care deserve access to experienced and knowledgeable legal representation.
For over three decades, Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen has been a formidable advocate for victims of medical negligence in Missouri. Renowned for our skill in medical malpractice litigation, our firm boasts a team of dedicated legal professionals, including paralegals, legal assistants, and a full-time physician and registered nurse. Our team of talented legal and medical professionals positions us as one of the top malpractice attorney firms in Liberty, MO.
To talk about how Dempsey Kingsland Osteen can help you recover compensation for Medical Malpractice, contact us online or call toll free at (816) 484-3776.contact us
Why Select Dempsey, Kingsland & Osteen As Your Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Liberty?
Choosing the right Liberty medical malpractice attorney for your case is critical if you want the best chance of getting properly compensated for your losses. We recognize the unique nature of medical malpractice cases, and we tailor our legal approach to align with your specific needs.
We prioritize establishing client relationships based on trust and transparency, and we ensure you are well-informed and actively involved throughout your case. Our legal team brings a wealth of diverse knowledge and skills. When we combine our expertise with the insights of our in-house medical professionals, we can develop a robust and comprehensive case strategy. This approach ensures we meticulously address every facet of your case, from the intricate legal nuances to the complex medical components.
Our commitment at Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen is to provide every client with unparalleled legal representation. If you’re looking for the best malpractice attorney in Liberty, we’d love to speak with you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Types of Liberty Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Our medical malpractice attorneys in Liberty are adept at handling complex and varied acts of medical negligence. Let’s look at some of the most common types of medical malpractice lawsuits.
Our team is proficient in addressing claims involving surgical mistakes, including but not limited to wrong-site surgeries and procedural errors. These cases often result in significant, long-lasting repercussions for patients.
Misdiagnosis and Failure to Diagnose
A large portion of our practice is dedicated to cases where misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose has led to critical health deterioration or missed therapeutic opportunities. We meticulously investigate to prove the medical provider’s oversight harmed the patient.
We also handle an unfortunate number of birth injury claims stemming from negligent prenatal care or errors during labor and delivery. These cases are exceptionally delicate, as medical mistakes during delivery can have substantial consequences for both mother and baby.
Medication and Anesthesia Errors
Cases involving errors in medication or anesthesia administration are a crucial part of our practice. The gravity of such mistakes can lead to catastrophic outcomes, underscoring the need for accountability and justice.
Medical Product Liability
Our experience also extends to cases involving injuries caused by defective medical devices or products. Working with medical experts, we diligently investigate these incidents and pursue claims against negligent manufacturers and distributors.
How a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Missouri Can Help Your Case
At Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen, we are committed to being your advocate throughout the entire legal journey. Here are a few of the ways we will help you through the litigation process.
- Initial consultation. Your journey begins with an initial consultation. We will attentively listen to your story, meticulously evaluate the specifics of your case, and provide a candid assessment.
- Conduct an in-depth investigation. Our legal and medical teams work collaboratively to conduct detailed research into your claim. We meticulously gather and analyze evidence, scrutinize medical records, and consult medical experts to build a convincing case.
- Ongoing support and communication. We understand the toll a medical malpractice claim can take on you and your family, so we maintain consistent contact throughout the litigation process. We are always available to answer your questions, provide updates, and offer reassurance.
- Negotiating a settlement. Our ultimate aim is to achieve the best possible outcome for you. Whether this involves negotiating a favorable settlement or pursuing a successful verdict at trial, we focus on securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.
At Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen, we are committed to fighting for justice. We don’t just work toward a quick resolution and move on to another case. Instead, we take our time to ensure each client gets the representation they need.
Establishing Proof in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
Proving a medical malpractice claim can be challenging. You need substantial proof of wrongdoing before you will receive any compensation. There are four elements you must prove to establish negligence in a medical malpractice case.
- Doctor-patient relationship. Proving the existence of a doctor-patient relationship establishes the doctor’s duty of care towards you, the patient. It is the first thing you must establish in a medical malpractice claim.
- Breach of standard of care. Now, you must demonstrate that the medical provider breached their duty of care. You must show that the provider’s action or inaction deviated from the accepted norms of medical practice.
- Causation. Establishing causation means directly linking the breach of the doctor’s duty of care to your injuries. Our team works closely with medical professionals who use their specialized knowledge to help interpret medical information and establish the needed causal link.
- Damages. The final step is to show that you experienced losses from the negligent conduct. These losses can include medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen, we understand the complex nature of proving medical malpractice and are savvy at navigating these challenging cases.
Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims in Liberty, MO
To collect compensation, you must adhere to the Missouri statute of limitations. The standard deadline is generally two years from the date of the alleged negligent act or from the date the injury was or should have been discovered.
Specific exceptions to this rule exist, particularly in cases involving minors or situations where the negligence wasn’t immediately apparent. Knowing the correct filing deadline for your claim is imperative. Should you inadvertently miss the statute of limitations, the court could bar you from receiving any compensation.
Types of Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases
Damages in medical malpractice cases generally fall into two categories: economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages are tangible, quantifiable financial losses. Examples include medical bills, lost wages, and potential future medical bills or missed time from work. Noneconomic damages are less tangible but equally important. These damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium.
Contact a Premier Liberty Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
In your search for a strong legal advocate in Liberty, MO, consider Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen. Our firm stands ready to contribute our wealth of experience, deep legal knowledge, and compassionate representation to your cause. We have a distinguished track record of recovering substantial compensation for victims of medical malpractice across Missouri.Don’t try to pursue a medical malpractice claim alone. Let our legal team guide you through every step and be your advocate. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation and discover how Dempsey Kingsland & Osteen can make a difference in your medical malpractice case.